The Skills list we’ll be using is slightly modified from the ordinary set of Fate skills. We’ll start with your top skill at +5 instead of +4. Some skills (Craftsmanship, Lore, Religion) require a Focus. If you’d like to be able to focus in more than one thing, you must take the skill multiple times. However, any Stunt that you take can be applied with any of your Foci unless otherwise specified in the Stunt (i.e., you don’t have to take the Stunt multiple times).
- Craftsmanship: This functions as the Fate craft skill, except you must pick a skill Focus (e.g., spices, sculpture, painting, etc). You may treat your Investigate skill as equal to your Craftsmanship skill for the purposes of examining items relating to your craft.
- Investigate: As in the Fate rules; you may also use Investigate to ascertain the monetary value and/or authenticity of objects.
- Lore: As in the Fate rules, except you must pick a skill Focus (e.g., history, navigation, geography).
- Religion: There are three major religions at play in India at this time: Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism. Pick a Focus for your religion skill from one of these. Each of the three religions will have particular unique stunts associated with them. Other religious traditions (Judaism, Buddhism, etc.) may also be applicable if there is interest.
- Resources: We’ll be using the fast/cheap/good alternative rules for Resource rolls.